Friday, November 29, 2013

Ilse Moore

Ilse Moore is a photographer from South Africa who specializes in underwater fashion and fine art photography.  She graduated from the University of South Africa in 2009 with a degree in Visual Art.  Most of her work displays an aesthetic that feels visually clean and pure,  yet sometimes also romantic or eerie.

An interesting quote from her website: "...my conceptual work speaks of a subconscious denial of reality. I have always been attracted to surreal imagery. I believe that photography as a medium lends a kind of realism to these ‘fantasies’, allowing it to exist in closer relationship to the viewer. I like that it suggests the possibility of an indiscernible truth. Shooting underwater seemed like the logical next step in finding a balance between the surreal world and my own reality…"

-Hannah Taylor-









No comments:

Post a Comment